BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Access from China down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Access from China down Reply with quote

A China-based reader of my blog, http://www.EngagingChina.com tells me he has not been able to access the site directly for a few weeks, although he can reach it through proxy services.
I guess most Blogharbor sites dont pay too much attention to who logs on from China but for me its critical as the site is all about China.
EngagingChina.com avoids controversial topics such as politics, so I dont believe it has been deliberately blocked by the authorities because of its content.
Has any other Blogharbor-hosted site had China-based readers report access problems recently?
My reader says that it may have something to do with the recent earthquake off Taiwan, which damaged undersea cables, so I hope it may only a temporarly problem.
Has Blogharbor noticed a recent drop in traffic from China to its servers ?
Any help in solving this conundrum appreciated.

Geoff Nairn
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Access from China down Reply with quote

We've never really had much traffic from China in the first place, so it's hard for us to see anything specifically from our side...

I do know that the Chinese government seemed to have blocked access to our sites once before, and it may have done so again recently. We have very few (as in a handful) users from China and while we did have one China-based user say recently that he could no longer access, one other user was able to.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do if the Chinese government decides to block our sites... We can work with you to relocate your blog off of our BlogHarbor platform and on to a Wordpress installation for example on our standard hosting system at Rackshare, which is likely to solve your issue. But I don't think it's possible for us to get the Chinese government to unblock our blog network if indeed it has done so.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: