BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Font editing problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Normajean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Font editing problems Reply with quote

I have had this problem before and find I cannot change the font to a smaller size. I am using an HTML editor and font size before endeavouring to post is "1" but when I paste the article into the box on the BlogHarbor site the font is big and I cannot reduce it using the eiting options. Have tried making font size smaller before pasting-that doesn't work either!
Please help? Confused
gristgal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert, but I can think of some things, so I'll try to help. Smile

Please open a post with the large font in edit mode. At the bottom of the window that has the text of the post, next to the smiley, is another icon that has an image of pages. Next to it is text that says "Mode: Display". If you click on the pages icon, you will see that the text changes to "Mode: Source".

Once you are displaying Source, please copy the stuff at the very beginning and paste it into your reply here. An example of what it might look like is:

<font style="font-family: Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif;" size="3">

Please remember to check "Disable HTML in this post" (right below the window you type in) before you click on preview or submit, or the forum software will eat the code you have pasted in. Confused If you forget, even if you click preview, you will have to paste it in again (I know; it has happened to me). Once we can see what's there, I'm sure we can help you solve your problem. Wink There are lots of very knowledgeable people here. John is great, but there are a number other people who are also willing to help, and I'm pretty sure that all of them know more about HTML than I do. Still, I can manage to make the font and size of my text look the way I want it to, and I *think* I know how to fix yours. Razz

gristgal
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice gristgal, good diagnostic path. Wink
Normajean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Editing problems Reply with quote

Hello Gristal
Thank you for taking the time to help. I am not trying to format for the forums it is actually an article I am trying to post in my blog. I tried to change the mode to see if that made a difference before I posted my question and it is not possible to edit in the html mode. What now?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Editing problems Reply with quote

I think if you reread what Gristgal said, you'll see she is trying to explain how to check the HTML code of your article, and post it here so that we can all see it...

It's very difficult to diagnose problems with your article display if we can't see the actual article or its underlying code, so Gristgal was providing you with one way you could show us the code, by posting it here. Another way would be for you to give us a link to the article you are having trouble editing.
gristgal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rereading what I said, I can understand how Normajean didn't understand. I should have explicitly said what you did, John, about how we need to see the codes from a post with the undesired font size.

I think than when people start blogging for the first time, everybody has something that isn't perfectly clear about what to do or how to do it. There's a lot that I still don't know. And what I do know, I didn't learn overnight. Think how long it was before I understood about sticky posts! :blush:

gristgal
des

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Editing problems Reply with quote

Normajean

If you email or give me a call I'm sure I can help. Sometime after midday Wed would be good. There may be an easier way to achieve what you want and if we can talk it over I'll have a better understanding. Then we can share the outcome with the group here.

We want to make sure people get to learn about the fabulously beautiful location you have up there in the rainforest!

Des

Normajean wrote:
Hello Gristal
Thank you for taking the time to help. I am not trying to format for the forums it is actually an article I am trying to post in my blog. I tried to change the mode to see if that made a difference before I posted my question and it is not possible to edit in the html mode. What now?

Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: