BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can I find out email address for reader accounts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greensheep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Can I find out email address for reader accounts? Reply with quote

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to know someone's email address once they register a reader account for my blog. Specifically, there is a reader I would like to reply to, and I can't find anywhere that displays his email.

I know he had to have given it when he registered, for the system, but is there any way I as administrator can access that info?

I have a funny feeling it's right in front of my nose. Rolling Eyes

Thanks much, Mac at ASKEW
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I find out email address for reader accounts? Reply with quote

Although I very much appreciate the friendly greeting Wink, I am going to change the subject of your query from "Hi John" to something more descriptive of your question. That will help folks who are searching for an answer to a similar question to see at a glance if a topic will be of help to them.

To answer your question, readers can use their accounts on any blog in our network, not just yours. Your own user account can be used to comment on any blog in our network. I.e., your blog admin account is also a reader account in the context of another blog at which you don't have admin priveleges.

You, and your readers, decide for yourselves if you want to make your email address public, private, or visible only to friends. You can configure this from the My Profile section of your Address Book. If you or your visitor choose not to make your email public, it will not be shown in your profile page.

So the short answer is that it is not possible for you to learn the email address of someone who has created a user account.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: