BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
could some toys be standardized?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: could some toys be standardized? Reply with quote

When I say "toys" I mean things like the following:

- calendar showing current month with the current day highlighted

- time of day (with ability to set time zone and save time zone via cookie)

- visitor counter

- local temperature and weather (with ability to enter zip code and save zip code via cookie)

It would be nice if the system provided these as standard options.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: could some toys be standardized? Reply with quote

For the most part, we will leave development of the toys or "blog accessories" or "digital bling" to third parties and focus our resources on the core blogging product. There are many services out there which specialize in what you call toys, and it doesn't make sense from our perspective to put resources towards not only making these types of things available but continually updating them.

I don't have any recommendations on services which provide the type of things you reference (except maybe www.sitemeter.com for stats and counters), but you might be able to create some of these things yourself using Javascript. www.htmlgoodies.com and webdeveloper.earthweb.com/webjs are good resources for Javascripts.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: