BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can you have more than one theme in a blog?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Can you have more than one theme in a blog? Reply with quote

Can you have one of your Categories take on a different theme? For example, let's say you want your whole blog to have the Simply Red theme, but you want one of the categories to be a little wilder with Retro Black. I noticed you
could go:

Look & Feel: Templates: style ... and change the theme ...

BUT, I didn't want to experiement from there becaue i have some custom styling based on my Simply Red for the rest of the blog. I was worried that even though I was in a particular category, I might change the whole blog to Retro Black.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you have more than one theme in a blog? Reply with quote

Yes, you can do that. One of the coolest features of our system is the ability to do not only category-specific color schemes and templates, but category-specific layouts.

So you can have one category that not only looks different from the rest of your blog, but has different sidebar blocks as well. Combine this with Custom Permissions and you can give a friend their own place to blog...

See this post for a short summary on how to activate category specific design, and if you have any specific questions about the process you can post them here.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: