BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Span.com previews by adding code to the HEAD of your HTML

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Span.com previews by adding code to the HEAD of your HTML Reply with quote

One of our bloggers asked today:

I'm trying to insert some code from Snap to use previews on the site. Where can I access the following:

Then go to your HTML file and paste the code directly before the </head> tag.

I need to insert this in the main file, so it will be on all pages.

Adding content like Javascript to the HEAD area of all your pages is easy. We've got a feature which allows you to enter your own custom content in the HEAD area of all your pages. See How to Add Additional Content to the HEAD area of your HTML for more information on using this feature.
zoli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've found snap annoying, too much "in the face", but today they came out with a release that adds a little icon next to the URL, and the previews are triggered from this icon only. I like it this way, so I installed it just as you say above.

However, all URLs in my blog, even those in the sidebar now have the little snap icon. This is not what I expected, see Techcrunch for the right example - only URL' inside posts get activated.

Next I took out the code from the header, put it into a component ad dragged it into the footer area - same results.

Is there a better placement?

Thanks a lot.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just guessing from the Advanced Options on this page:

http://i.snap.com/about/spa2B-customize.php

It would appear that you configure this yourself when you create the code by checking the Preview External Links and or the Preview Internal Links checkbox, and they will create code for you accordingly.

But yes I would suggest you place the Javascript in the HEAD area of your page as I described.
zoli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it set to "preview external links" and internal links are turned off.

Result: in the sidebars I have the links generated by 3rd party widgets turned on, the internal ones, like categories, list of posts, etc are off, as they should be.

It's those widgets, and the tag entries inside the posts that I'd rather nto have "snapped", and I wonder if there's a way to exclude them. For example, look at TechCrunch, he also has myblogblog installed, but it does not get "snapped", while my Mybloglog names all are ....

THanks a lot:-)
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to point you in the direction of Snap themselves to get support for their service, I don't have any specific information about configuring the product. Sorry.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: