BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pruning Directories?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriedKiwi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Pruning Directories? Reply with quote

I uploaded a Flash gallery as a test which had lots of subdirectories, and when I tried to delete it I found I had to go through each level and clean out all files of every dir before deleting the dirs (as per the Manual).

Is there an easier way? Or if not can you add a 'Prune' action to remove all subdirs and contents in one go? Im sure you could add more warnings if you are worried people could remove everything from their Main Page Wink

Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Pruning Directories? Reply with quote

At this time, the easier way would be to use an FTP client to access your blog's file system. It will be a lot easier to delete files and directories using FTP, and uploading files in bulk will be a breeze. Try SmartFTP if you're using Windows, it's free for personal use.
FriedKiwi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Ah! Reply with quote

Of course, thanks John. One of those moments of looking too closely at the problem at 2am instead of stepping back and thinking of other angles. Embarassed
I will start another post re why Im uploading such stuff.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: