BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vote for BlogHarbor in Blogger's Choice Awards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
des

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Vote for BlogHarbor in Blogger's Choice Awards Reply with quote

If you agree with me that BlogHarbor is a great blog hosting service, I hope you will pop over the the Blogger's Choice Awards and log your vote for BlogHarbor in the Best Blog Hosting category
Code:
http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/categories/4

Des
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
gristgal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des, I agree with you, and I went over and did it. But you didn't mention that ya gotta register to vote, and they want your 4 generation family tree and a deed conveying your first-born.

Well, yeah, I exaggerated a bit, but they want a lot of information, and won't register you without it (including DOB). Nonetheless, Blog Harbor is a pretty good place. As a plus, you can nominate your own blog, if you like.

It now has two votes. Is anybody else a big enough fan to register and vote?

gristgal
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they did want a ridiculous amount of info to register...

Well if I voted, and so did gristgal, then gee Des, you should vote for us too. Wink
gristgal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the rest either don't like this place as well as they've said here, or else they don't want to register. I just checked, and there are still only two votes. People, we get Blogware, the neatest, easiest, slickest blog software out there, and we get fast, excellent tech support. We get those two things at the same price (or cheaper) than people pay other sites for inferior software, service, or both.

Hey, guys. The registration requirement is to cut the cheating down as much as possible. I think at least one reason for asking the birthdate is to verify that kids under 13 aren't voting. A person with enough differen emails, who varied their nics enough, could register multiple times. People can always find a way to cheat, if they want to badly enough.

The rest of the information they request isn't really sensitive. It's stuff you might enter in any site where you registered.

gristgal
jpfromjp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des, thanks for posting an opportunity for blogharbor fans to show our appreciation.

About one year ago I began blogging and am I proud of what I have accomplished. I learned stuff that I thought I'd never be able to or want to learn. The reason this was all possible is because of the excellent support and tools available to blogharbor customers such as the How to pages, this support forum, and the email technical support I have received.

The net result of my new blogging skills is that I have been able to reach thousands of residents of Boston and educate them about crime prevention and community building. Thats cool!

It took me 30 seconds to register. I gave my name, zip, and birthdate. Supporting blogharbor will benefit us all.

Show some love blogharbor family!

Joseph Porcelli
www.bostoncrimewatch.com
www.neighborsforneighbors.org
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: