BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Banner Alignment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nckman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Banner Alignment Reply with quote

I've read through all the information about adding banners. Are there any tips on how the have the banner line up exactly with the blog, such as the BlogHarbor blog?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Banner Alignment Reply with quote

nckman wrote:
I've read through all the information about adding banners. Are there any tips on how the have the banner line up exactly with the blog, such as the BlogHarbor blog?

The answer is going to depend on your image and your current color scheme, and what thing you want to align with what other thing.

How about a link to the page you are working on and an explanation of what you are looking to do?
nckman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Banner Alignment Reply with quote

john wrote:
nckman wrote:

The answer is going to depend on your image and your current color scheme, and what thing you want to align with what other thing.

How about a link to the page you are working on and an explanation of what you are looking to do?

The blog can be viewed at http://buildabizsite.blogharbor.com/blog. I'm trying to have the banner line up on the left / right of the blog. I've tried changing the banner width, however, cannot eliminate the offset.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Banner Alignment Reply with quote

Your're going to need to modify your CSS file, instructions for doing so are here. Instead of making the changes noted on those instructions, you'll need to do make changes approporiate to the area you wish to modify (see the Style Template CSS Reference for a guide to CSS styles used on your blog).

The style which you are most interested is this one:

Code:
table.columns td.header {
    padding: 0 15px 6px 12px;
    background-color: #000;
    color: #fff;
    border-bottom: 8px solid #093a97;
}

So you are going to need to override the padding and probably background-color (which I am assuming you want to change to white). So try adding this to your Custom CSS to override the styles above:

Code:
table.columns td.header {
    padding: 0 0px 6px 0px;
    background-color: #fff;
}

That might help you achieve the effect you are looking for.
nckman

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Banner Alignment Reply with quote

Thanks John. I made the changes, and the banner was still indented left and right. I tried changing the banner width from 800x120 to 900x120 which didn't work. Is there a way to comletely fill the white space at the top of the blog with a banner image?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Banner Alignment Reply with quote

Try this CSS:

Code:
.componentBlogname {
   padding-right: 0px;
   padding-left: 0px;
}

in your Custom CSS and make sure to remove the <BR> tags inside your custom header component.
des

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banner looks aligned now on my screen.

Had a small challenge with the link above because the period point was included in the html. Link should be
http://buildabizsite.blogharbor.com/blog
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: