BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Adding a padding (space, that is)
Goto page Previous  1, 2 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if there's a question for me in the previous message, but if you're asking why using the RTE to embed iframes worked one time and not another, I really can't say. I can only say that we suggest you turn off the RTE to embed iframes.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't actually understand what "It miscarried displaying it to me when I originally posted" means, but if you want me to delete the trailing end of this thread I will...
gristgal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Doing it again Reply with quote

I just put up a new post with an embed. I did everything correctly, as I understand it, including switching off the RTE before plugging in the iframe. It is completely ignoring the padding, although I've examined it carefully. Please take a look at https://www.blogware.com/admin/index.cgi/cmd=edit_article/id=3006623 I've left the RTE off (not my usual practice) so you can see exactly how things are.

I'm really frustrated. [sigh]
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Doing it again Reply with quote

You've got a problem with your HTML code similar to the one we pointed out here. Please look at our original post which shows you some example code; it might also be a good idea to review some tutorials on CSS if this is something you are interested in.

So again, your current code looks like this:

Code:
<iframe
src="aReallyLongAmazonURLwasHere"
style="width:120px;height:240px;"
"padding:0px 5px 0px 0px;"
scrolling="no" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" frameborder="0"
ALIGN="LEFT"></iframe>

You can not leave the padding out there all by itself. Fix it as follows:
Code:

<iframe src="aReallyLongAmazonURLwasHere" style="width:120px;height:240px;padding:0px 5px 0px 0px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" ALIGN="LEFT"></iframe>

And things should look as expected.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: