BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A different kind of trackback problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: A different kind of trackback problem Reply with quote

John,

I've approved a trackback, but I'm still getting email about it. This trackback is for a book that is directly related to the subject of the post.

Once, long ago, I approved a semi-related trackback for a site that was about dolls, but the notices never stopped, and I finally deleted it just to get the emails about it to stop.

I don't want to do that this time. I'm perfectly satisfied with this, and I want the system to accept that I know what I'm doing. Can you help?

Thanks,
gristgal
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: A different kind of trackback problem Reply with quote

Not sure what you're talking about... Are you referring to trackback notification emails? The mails that say Your blog currently has 9 trackbacks(s) in moderation for example?
gristgal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm saying is that, even though I've approved the trackback (it isn't merely non-offensive; it's relevant to the post), I continue to get emails about it.

Will it continue to email me about an approved trackback? If so, why? And, can you make it stop?

I am perfectly okay with emails about trackbacks I haven't approved. I just want to know whether anyone thought about what the software should do in the event that a trackback it thinks is spam is approved. And, if no mechanism has been designed, whether one can or will be.

Thanks
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system only sends trackback notification emails when there are trackbacks waiting for approval. If you are receiving trackback notification emails, they would be in reference to a new trackback in your queue, not one you have already approved.
gristgal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I get a trackback email, it has to be tied to a new one? Every so often, I'll get a trackback notice, but then there's nothing new listed.

Do "ghosts" appear? Or would it be that a message is generated, but then some machine re-appraisal decides it's one it can delete on its own? (It's my Elephant Child curiosity again; sorry.)

Thanks,
gristgal
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I get a trackback email, it has to be tied to a new one?

Trackback notifications are only sent for blogs which have trackbacks waiting for approval; that's really the most accurate way for me to answer your question.

Every so often, I'll get a trackback notice, but then there's nothing new listed.

It could have been possible that our admins cleared out trackbacks en masse (when a large batch comes through that makes it past the automatic filters for example) between the time the notification was sent and the time you checked your queue.

Do "ghosts" appear?

I have not heard of such a thing.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: