BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
unauthorized "visitor" to a secure blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: unauthorized "visitor" to a secure blog Reply with quote

We have a secure blog and I noticed a "visitor" name today that is not among any of those we have given permission to view the blog. At first I thought it may have been someone who found our nonsecure landing page and then tried to register, but there was no record of such. How can that happen? What should we do to further protect against site viewing by those from the outside.?
thanks
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: unauthorized "visitor" to a secure blog Reply with quote

We have a secure blog and I noticed a "visitor" name today that is not among any of those we have given permission to view the blog.

Anyone can create an account on your blog or on any blog in our network and then use that account on a blog to identify himself, but the act of logging in just means you have presented your credentials, it does not mean that they were granted access to anything. Anyone can login to your blog, but they will only have access to the content according to the permissions you have granted.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: