BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best way for ppl to subscribe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kellie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Best way for ppl to subscribe Reply with quote

Hi there,

My blog is for our neighborhood watch association. I want the members to be able to be notified whenever a new article is posted. They also need to be able to read the secure "members only" section. I've configured the category permission so they will be able to get into the secure secure section and added myself and tested it out to ensure everything is working. My question is: when someone is added as a reader, are they also subscribed? I don't want the members to have to go through 2 separate steps to be subscribed (once signing up as a reader and once to subscribe). Can it be done simutaneously?

Thanks, Kellie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Best way for ppl to subscribe Reply with quote

My question is: when someone is added as a reader, are they also subscribed?

No, they are not.

I don't want the members to have to go through 2 separate steps to be subscribed (once signing up as a reader and once to subscribe). Can it be done simutaneously?

Unfortunately, no. It can not be done simultaneously.
kellie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: ok, is it possible to subscribe them? Reply with quote

So they don't have to do the extra step?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ok, is it possible to subscribe them? Reply with quote

I'll state this a different way: It is not possible for someone to be added as a user and subscribed to notifications in a single step... I hope that clarifies.
kellie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: I understand now..thanks! Reply with quote

http://www.lnjnw.org
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: