BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
permalinks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watzzupsport

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: permalinks Reply with quote

Hi where do I go to get information on setting my permalinks and how to use the function. I want to be able to send a link to a particular article, is this the function I use
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: permalinks Reply with quote

A permalink or "Permanent Link" is just the URL of your blog post. We call it a "Permanent Link" primarily because early blog softwares just displayed a post on the home page or main page, the post did not appear on a separate article page. So when those programs began showing articles on their own and not part of an index page, those article pages were dubbed "permalinks" because now you could link to each discrete article as opposed to the home page of the blog itself.

So there is nothing to "set" or to "use" regarding your permalinks, they just "are." Permalinks are just the URLs your articles exist at...

Does this answer your question? Or were you looking to do something else and were just using incorrect terminology?
watzzupsport

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply John, Just to clarify if i want to sent somebody to a particular article, when i click on the permalink tag, the url that appears in the browser is the link i use ?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watzzupsport wrote:
Thanks for the reply John, Just to clarify if i want to sent somebody to a particular article, when i click on the permalink tag, the url that appears in the browser is the link i use ?

Yes, that link would be the URL of choice to send someone.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: