BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Monitoring Transfer Usage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phil arnold

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Monitoring Transfer Usage Reply with quote

Hi John:

Because of your answers to my sequence of questions about Hotlinking, I have now disabled "Allow Sourcing of Files and Images." As part of the whole discussion, I reviewed the transfer usage for my blog www.elvisblog.net.

The referenes you directed me to informed me that Hotlinking can transfer enough KBs to push my bandwidth use over the monthly limit. That already happened a few months ago, and I had to spend money for extra bandwidth.

I have checked back and looked at the "Transfer Usage Stats" for the past two months and noted all the .jpg files transferred. However, the most KBs transferred over that period was not a .jpg, but this symbol /. When I clicked on it, my latest blog article opens. Not just an image - the whole article.

Even more curious is that when I go back in "Transfer Usage" to a date in the past and click on /, I don't open up the most recent article of that date. What I get is the most recent article of now. No matter what date I go back to in "Transfer Usage Stats," when I click on /, I get my June 15, 2008 article.

John, could you please look at www.elvisblog.net and determine what this / is all about? Please feel free to void this bandwidth leacher or advise me what I should do.

Phil Arnold
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Monitoring Transfer Usage Reply with quote

/ just means the home page of your blog.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: