BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Passwords on Articles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lianag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Passwords on Articles Reply with quote

Hi John,

I am wondering if Blogharbor has a way of passwording articles, yet showing an excerpt to a potential reader, but then to read the whole article they must know the password.

This link is an example of what I am looking for:

https://www.demimondeonline.com/blog/index.php/2006/12/22/six-moments-of-pleasure/

I know how to create a category and restrict the category and allow readers to view the category.

But I am looking for something a little different.

Hoping you can make my day and help me.

Thanks
Liana
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Passwords on Articles Reply with quote

I am wondering if Blogharbor has a way of passwording articles, yet showing an excerpt to a potential reader, but then to read the whole article they must know the password... Hoping you can make my day and help me.

Wish I was going to be the one to make your day, but alas it will be someone else.

We don't have a way to do what you are looking for, to password protect part of a post. On our platform it's an all or nothing proposition, either the item is protected through security or not.

We chose this method because it allowed for the most security of your content. An example would be a post for a group of your friends where the article title was "I Hate my Boss", you could lose your job just over the fact that the title was made public, even if the content were not. So we didn't really see that folks would want to deliberately reveal some parts of a restricted article (to be honest, in 3 years of operating our service this is the first time someone has asked this question).

Anyhow, sorry I can't make your day today. Crying or Very sad
lianag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Passwords on Articles Reply with quote

Bummer dude

Smile

Thanks Anyways - you always offer great service

Liana
tcccoach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I looked for the right topic but could not find it.

I received your e-mail that I need to purchase another year for blogharbor on Feb 9. Thank you for the reminder.

I tried to log on to the upgrade as directed by the e-mail but could not get my username and password to be accepted, even though it was accepted inteo the administration arena.

Can you help me so I can pay money.

Been reading about the WordPress migration, but to date having hard time justifying leaving blogharbor.

I await your help
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked for the right topic but could not find it.

In that case you should create a new topic.

With regards to your login issue, please send us the username and password you are using to access your account and we will look into it.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: