BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
cosmos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holdthatmayo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: cosmos Reply with quote

Hello,

I am not really getting any value out of the "permanent link" and "cosmos link" that appeas in every post. Most of my readers do not know what that is. therefore, I was wondering... is there any way can alter the template so it displays a different link. For example, I would love to be able to replace it with a " share on facebook" link. I have specific code for that but don't know how to do the replacement

Any thoughts on how I could do this?

Thanks!!

Craig
holdthatmayo.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: cosmos Reply with quote

This thread shows you how to edit your article template.
holdthatmayo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I clicked on "edit " link for the category template and then clicked on the "edit staging template" button.

I found the section that listed the cosmos link beneath the article and deleted it. Then i added my own text link.

I clicked on save changes . (i was afraud to click on save and activate sicne I did not see the results of the template change yet). So I clicked on "view blog in test mode' above the staging conetnt window figuring that would show the changes. But the page still looked axactly the same with the cosmos link at the bottom of each exercpt. Did I do something wrong?

thanks again for your time,

Craig
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the view in test mode feature does not work, it was never implemented properly even though the link is still on the page. You will need to activate your changes in order to see them.
holdthatmayo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I activate the changes and inadvertantly messed something up that was major, is there any way to revert back to the original version of the template?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course.
holdthatmayo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little gunshy at first but I activated the changes and it worked perfectly. Thanks for your help with this!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: