BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Comment form broken in IE7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffand

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Comment form broken in IE7 Reply with quote

John,
I've just discovered that the verification graphic that is part of the comment form does not display in IE7 for my blog www.engagingchina.com, which means that readers using IE7 cannot comment -- hardly ideal.
The graphic displays correctly in IE6 and Firefox.
I dont want to spend lot of time trying to find what breaks the comments form in IE7, so as as a workround, can you just disable the verification feature for my blog? I turned it off for logged-in readers but I dont want to force people to register just to add a comment and the BlogHarbor control panel doesnt let me turn the feature off for anonymous readers, who are the vast majority.
If I start to get a lot of comment spam, then Id put back the verification graphic and to take a closer look at the code.
Thanks in advance

Geoff
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Comment form broken in IE7 Reply with quote

I just tested on some other Blogharbor blogs, and they all displayed the verification image properly under IE7. So it must be something related to your customizations (which look fantastic by the way). Unfortunately we have no way to disable to verifications for your blog only, all blogs require the verification for non-authenticated users...

You'll need to figure out which of your customizations causes the image to drop out...
geoffand

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem fixed. It was yet another manifestation of the IE6/7 peekaboo bug and just needed to add this to the enclosing div
Code:
min-width: 0;

Thanks anyway
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you found it.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: