BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does blogware support AddThis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorGal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Does blogware support AddThis? Reply with quote

I'd like to add AddThis to each blog post. I could add it to the sidebar easily enough, but is there any way to get it to appear in each individual post?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Does blogware support AddThis? Reply with quote

If you want to add some content to every post, read this article.
AuthorGal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For blogs, AddThis provides codes that are compatible with the following blog systems: WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, Tumblr, Movable Type. Can you tell me which system is compatible with blogware? Thank you.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above... Blogware is it's own system. I am not familiar with Addthis but I am guessing you need to add their default website code..

Just FYI, Tucows is no longer actively developing the Blogware platform so if you are looking to integrate all the latest widgets etc. to your site, you should consider moving your blog to Wordpress, our PressHarbor service at www.pressharbor.com specializes in Wordpress hosting, and we will migrate Blogware blogs to the service at no extra charge.
AuthorGal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I move my blog to PressHarbor, do I have to redesign it or will it look exactly the same?

And, what happens to all my links and my Google rankings and all the Google entries that point to my blog and all of the other blogs that link to mine?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AuthorGal wrote:
If I move my blog to PressHarbor, do I have to redesign it or will it look exactly the same?

And, what happens to all my links and my Google rankings and all the Google entries that point to my blog and all of the other blogs that link to mine?

The answers to these and other questions about migrating to Wordpress on PressHarbor are here.

The answer to your first question is that the design of your blog is not migrated. There are however thousands of free Wordpress themes to help you get started.

As for your links, we redirect all of your old links to the new ones so you will not lose any Google ranking in the long run. I say in the long run because no one can ever say for sure what Google will do in the short term, but all of the Blogharbor users who migrated to PressHarbor have seen a net benefit to their rankings.
jarosh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AuthorGal wrote:
For blogs, AddThis provides codes that are compatible with the following blog systems: WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, Tumblr, Movable Type. Can you tell me which system is compatible with blogware? Thank you.
I guess Blogger API is supported, so write to AddTHis, and they will add BlogHarbor to the supported services. Smile
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe this is at all related to the blogging API's but feel free to ask the folks at addthis.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: