BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problems with Mac and Opera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onisac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Problems with Mac and Opera Reply with quote

1. I have 2 people using IE on MAC and when they go to post they are unable to type anything into the "Article Body" box. It shows up, but they are unable to type anything in it. They can type in the "excerpt" box however.

2. I have someone using Opera and when they go to post while they can type in "Article Body", not all of the tool icons appear and when they click the "link" icon it depresses but does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with Mac and Opera Reply with quote

Onisac wrote:
1. I have 2 people using IE on MAC and when they go to post they are unable to type anything into the "Article Body" box. It shows up, but they are unable to type anything in it. They can type in the "excerpt" box however..

There is an incompatibility with IE on Mac and the "Rich Text Editor". Using this browser, you should turn off the Rich Text Editor from the control panel in the Settings tab. Look to the right side of the page when you click on the Settings tab and you will see the Miscellaneous options on the bottom. Uncheck the Enable rich-text editor checkbox and you should be able to post using IE on Mac.

Onisac wrote:
2. I have someone using Opera and when they go to post while they can type in "Article Body", not all of the tool icons appear and when they click the "link" icon it depresses but does nothing.

I am not using Opera, and we do not actually test on Opera, but perhaps someone else has experience with this browser. I would try disabling the Rich Text Editor and see if that helps with this browser as well.

The most compatible browsers would be the Mozilla/Firebird browsers or any recent Netscape browser, so if you can convince your authors to use these browsers they should have no problems creating wonderful articles. Wink

Also, Mac users may want to check out the blogging client Ecto http://www.kung-foo.tv/ecto/ which is a very advanced tool to help you create and manage weblog articles.
Onisac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Still a MAC problem Reply with quote

Thanks so much. The MAC people are still having a problem. They are now abled to type in the article posting box but clicking "save" doesn't work. Suggestions? Very Happy
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Still a MAC problem Reply with quote

Is this still using Opera on the Mac? If so, my only suggestion is to switch to a newer version of Mozilla, Firefox, or Netscape. Sorry I have no better suggestions...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: