BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
xhtml 1.1 compliant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How important would you like your weblog to be xhtml 1.1 compliant?
Extremely Important
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Very Important
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not Important
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Doesn't Matter
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

lcolegado

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: xhtml 1.1 compliant Reply with quote

I tried to customize the template codes so I can have an xhtml 1.1 compliant weblog. However, I still get errors when I validate it through the W3C MarkUp Validation Service. Is there a way to make BlogHarbor xhtml 1.1 compliant?
lcolegado

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: xhtml 1.1 Error Findings Reply with quote

I experimented on finding where the xhtml 1.1 errors were.

I tried the templates and deactivated all the built-in components. To my surprise, it was xhtml 1.1 valid.

So, I thought the problem was in the built-in components.

The next thing I did was to activate one built-in component and have it validated. I did this one after another one at a time.

And I found the errors from the following built-in components:

1. Search
2. Login Form

I search everywhere in the control panel to get access to these built-in components so I can edit the codes but I could not find access to them.

So, is there a way that I can edit these xhtml 1.1 non-compliant built-in components?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, to make my weblog xhtml 1.1, I changed my weblog document declaration at the top of my source code (edited in the "base" template) the following code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

------------------------------------------------------------------
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: xhtml 1.1 Error Findings Reply with quote

It is not currently possible to customize these components, although we expect that they will be in a future revision of the system.

In the meantime, you can add these components back into the blog and see what kind of HTML they create. Then use that HTML code as the basis of your own custom component, modifying the code as you need to be xhtml 1.1 compliant.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: