BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
secure folder/document access inconsistency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: secure folder/document access inconsistency Reply with quote

sorry, but i have another one for you John. one of my users has customized priviledges of which one is that he does not have access to secure documents in a specific folder. when i logon as that user i can see that he can see the titles of those documents in the dashboard but in "post a new article" and in the blog itself the category is appropriately hidden. i believe this is a bug in that if i have specifically specified in the permissions that i do not want a certain user to see certain secure documents that user should not see them. as it is this implemented completely differently in the dashboard than it is in the posting section and in the blog itself. please advise. thx
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: secure folder/document access inconsistency Reply with quote

It's a bit tough to diagnose this one without knowing exactly what username and exactly what category etc. you are referring to. Send us more information including the username and password (yes, your logins are not unknown to us) of the account you are referring to and we will look into this in more depth. Please use this secure interface to provide these details:

https://www.blogharbor.com/page.cgi?page=/contact.html
cd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will send the information. more importantly, why are our logins known to you? what is the point of security if we don't really control it? you should not have complete access to our specifically secure information i.e. logins and passwords unless we specifically grant it for troubleshooting purposes.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typing error, I mean to say that your logins are unknown to us. (I was probably choosing between your logins are not known to us or your logins are unknown to us and somehow combined them...)

We do not know your passwords which is why we do need you to send us the login information, and why I asked you to send the username and password so we can step through the problem as you describe it.
cd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the clarification!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: