BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
can we get monthly stats?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qureus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: can we get monthly stats? Reply with quote

Hi John,

Is there any capability to get monthly stats? I'd like to be able to make comparisons regarding how popular my past articles are relative to some current posts. It would be helpful in terms of focusing content for new articles.

P.S. Any plans to build export capabilities of data?

Thanks,
Qureus
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: can we get monthly stats? Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there any capability to get monthly stats?

For stats for a previous month, look at the top area of any of the Detailed Stats pages (Detailed Stats, Hourly Stats, Most Popular Articles, Most Commented Articles, Most Popular Categories, Browser Summary, Referer Summary). You'll see some text like Display the hourly stats for and then a drop down list of the previous 7 days and a list of the previous months for which data is available.

You can also change the report period by clicking on the calendar for any Detailed Stats or the Stat Summary. Click on a the number of a date or use the << and >> links next to the month name to go backwards and forwards through the months.

Quote:
Any plans to build export capabilities of data?

It's in there, you can export your articles as an XML formatted file. From the Settings & Security tab, click on the Publishing Defaults link in the Options row, then on Import/Export . Then follow these instructions:

http://demo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2004/12/24/214173.html
qureus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: more on stats Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I wasn't clear on one question, though. Any plans to allow export of stats, into a csv or Excel format?

Qureus
qureus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: more on monthly stats -- possible bug Reply with quote

Hi John. I just tried to generate stats by clicking on Jan 2005 and then on Dec 2004. When I click on either month, though, the drop down box only shows "last 7 days."

Also I noticed the Jan 2005 stats are also exactly the same as the last 7 days stats. Shouldn't they be different since month to date has more days in it?

Think this might be a bug in the stats.

Qureus
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: more on stats Reply with quote

Quote:
Any plans to allow export of stats, into a csv or Excel format?

No plans at this time for stats export.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: more on monthly stats -- possible bug Reply with quote

qureus wrote:
Hi John. I just tried to generate stats by clicking on Jan 2005 and then on Dec 2004. When I click on either month, though, the drop down box only shows "last 7 days."

Also I noticed the Jan 2005 stats are also exactly the same as the last 7 days stats. Shouldn't they be different since month to date has more days in it?

Think this might be a bug in the stats.

I don't see any bug; I just tested it and it is working the way it is supposed to...

The drop down list is an Action, it can send you to Jan 2005 or Dec 2004 stats, but once you click on Display and the page reloads, but the menu will not reflect the choice you just made.

How do you know which stats period you are browsing, look to the left side of the page, above the calendar. You'll see a little calendar icon and the text Report date: followed by the period you are browsing. Change the period as we showed earlier, by using the calendar or the drop down menu.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: