BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Signing up twice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emmanueljames

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Signing up twice Reply with quote

I am in the process of evaluating blogharbor - so far, very good.

I signed up for a trial period before looking at these forums. I found that I had to sign up again to have full access to these.

It's logical that one should be able to look at the fora without being a signed-up blog user, but not the other way round.

Would it be better data administration if the blog registration data could be transferred to the forums? [These are seperate databases, I take it?]

EJ
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Signing up twice Reply with quote

I am in the process of evaluating blogharbor - so far, very good.

Thank you very much!

I signed up for a trial period before looking at these forums. I found that I had to sign up again to have full access to these.

That is not actually the case, you do not have to sign up again to view these forums. They are fully accessible to the public and do not require an account to read or post.

It's logical that one should be able to look at the fora without being a signed-up blog user, but not the other way round.

It is indeed logical, and that is in fact the way it works.

Would it be better data administration if the blog registration data could be transferred to the forums? [These are seperate databases, I take it?]

Please take a look at the Read Me First forum, the introductory post notes this:
Quote:
User accounts on the BlogHarbor Community Forums are entirely separate from any other user accounts you may already have with our BlogHarbor service. You may wish to protect your online identity and privacy by choosing a Username that does not reveal your personal name or your weblog address. You can create a new user account by clicking on the Register link at the top right of this page.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: