BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
category questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qureus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: category questions Reply with quote

Hi John,

I'm on a roll today with questions and have several on how BlogHarbor handles categories.

1) I list the same article in a couple of categories for the convenience of my readers and I'm wondering what the impact on the stats is. For example, let's say I list an article in 2 categories and a reader clicks on it. If I looked at the category stats, I'm assuming I'd have a hit for each category. What would happen on the page views though? That would still be one view right? Or would it be two?

2) Bubbling: I'm just starting to pay attention to the whole bubbling thing and it's gotten me thinking about rearranging my categories to have some nested subcategories. I think it might simply some of my listing an article in multiple categories. Here's my question though. Can I take my existing categories and just move some of them under others? And if I do, will all the content go with them? I don't want to mess up what I've already done.

Thanks for your help!

Qureus
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: category questions Reply with quote

I list the same article in a couple of categories for the convenience of my readers and I'm wondering what the impact on the stats is. For example, let's say I list an article in 2 categories and a reader clicks on it. If I looked at the category stats, I'm assuming I'd have a hit for each category.

No, you would not have a hit - a page view - for each category, you would only have one for the category which the user accessed.

Can I take my existing categories and just move some of them under others?

Yes, you can. This page has a bit of info on that:

http://demo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2004/12/23/213923.html

And if I do, will all the content go with them? I don't want to mess up what I've already done.

Yes, the content will go with it.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: