BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Only Anonymous comments on my weblog
Goto page Previous  1, 2 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abacquer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I probably shouldn't say this too loud but, I almost never get comment spam. My blog is very active and gets a decent amount of traffic (well... over 1Gb a month anyway) and I have to date received a grand total of -->1<-- spam comment.

I have anonymous commenting turned on, and will probably leave it on. Guess I just don't look that appetizing to spammers. Probably nobody links to me or something.

I do however get both trackback spam and referrer spam.
tigersi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: what happened... Reply with quote

I think what it is is the spammers found my blog early on, probably because its name...Big Cat Chronicles...sounds kind of slutty or sex clubish.

My blog periodically receives some...interesting Rolling Eyes ...links to it.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: what happened... Reply with quote

Please note we've had to alter the anonymous comments form slightly, in order to trip up the comment spammers that attacked us last week.

If you've implemented the workaround described earlier in this thread, you may find that your workaround no longer works around.

Please contact us if that's the case, and we'll see if we can provide you with a workaround to the workaround...

It's probably not a good idea to use this technique for the time being as our anonymous commenting system will be undergoing some revisions in order to protect you from automated attacks.
tcccoach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: creating a reader account Reply with quote

Hi John,

Slow poke Bill here.

I just creater two reder accounts for me to see how it worked, and test them for our blogs, and then tried to log in on these two accounts, only to be denied access for both reader accounts.

Does Blogharbor have a delay time from creating an account to having it activated?

Or am I once again messing up the forms?

Bill
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: creating a reader account Reply with quote

There's no time delay when an account is created... Make sure you logout from the blog before trying to access as someone else.

Try accessing this page and sending yourself the username and password of the reader account you are trying to login as to be sure that what you think is the login info is the same as what we think it is...
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Eeek! Never mind! Reply with quote

The workaround noted in this thread is no longer possible as a result of our implementation of a comment verification "CAPTCHA".
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: