BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A new username without a new blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: A new username without a new blog Reply with quote

For the information of readers, I created two different blogs but used the same username when creating both of them.

Because of the administration problems this is causing, I want to create a new username to manage the second existing blog.

Since this may be a subject of general interest, I post here the question:

How can I create a new username without creating a new blog at the same time?

Reading the fora it is clear that one can have various relationships to this service, from 'reader' - of any blog? to the 'administrator' of an individual blog, a relationship created at set-up time.

In so far as it is these relationships one needs to understand, could that be clarified while responding to my main question, please? Does the publisher's manual, for instance, have a section tabulating these relationships?

DJA
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A new username without a new blog Reply with quote

Here are 2 ways to create a Username:

1) If you are logged into your blog, click the Logout button to logout. Now you will see the Login box with a link to Create Reader Account. Click and follow along and soon you will have a new user account.

2) Login to the blog Admin Control Panel and click Settings & Security, then Content Access Controls in the Options Row. Click Add User.

If you want to create a new user with full Admin privileges, you can do so just by following along in the second method. Your new Admin account will have the same privileges that your current owner account has.

If you want to make that account the actual owner of the account, that is not something you can do, so please contact us if you need to change the account which "owns" the blog.

Reading the fora it is clear that one can have various relationships to this service, from 'reader' - of any blog? to the 'administrator' of an individual blog, a relationship created at set-up time.

Well, I would say the relationship is not created at setup time, it is dynamic and depends on the privileges a blog owner bestows upon an account.

My one user account can be an Owner of one blog, a full Admin on another, have custom permissions on another blog, and have Author priveleges on another blog... Your owner account is a Reader at my blog. But I could make that account an Admin if I wanted to...
David Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

As always, thanks for your prompt, clear and helpful reply.

On the matter of the status of users, I take your particular point(s).

On reflection, what I think would help with this pretty rich terminology - including reader, owner, author, and administrator -would be a glossary.

I just did a search of the publisher's manual but 'glossary' got no hits.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A glossary is a good suggestion.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: