BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Odd formatting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otley Poets

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Odd formatting Reply with quote

There has been some off-forum discussion about problems when cutting and pasting from Word into Edit Article.

I have been trying cleaning up such a post, by transferring said post through a text editor.

That done, to reproduce the original, I centred the text and set the text to large.

Since the appearance of that was still odd, I have typed in raw text from nothing, centered it, then made it 'large.'

The result can be found at:

http://otleypoets.blogharbor.com/blog/Membersonly/DavidAndrew/_archives/2005/2/15/324952.html

is it possible to have more space between the lines, please?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Odd formatting Reply with quote

Since your category is restricted, it is not possible for us to actually see the article...

In any case, abacquer already gave an excellent answer to this question when you posted your Problems with font / inter-line spacing question. This was his reply:

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?p=1964#1964

Read this post for information on how to modify your CSS stylesheet and as per abaquer's suggestion, try adding code like this instead of the code shown on that thread:

Code:
.articleBody
{
    LINE-HEIGHT: 200%;
}

You can experiment with the percentage until you get a style you like.
Otley Poets

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted to an open area:

http://otleypoets.blogharbor.com/blog/DavidAndrew

Thank you for pointing me to the earlier posting which I have read.

I have two concerns here:

1. I am puzzled that further and technical intervention is required after using what looks to me like a basic feature of 'Edit Article', but perhaps I have missed something

2. The users I am supporting vary in their skills and it seems odd that they need routine support from the more skilled just to use a larger font...?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be an accidental side effect of the fact that we set the line-height explicitly via CSS stylesheets and the Rich Text Editor does not modify the line-height when it increases the text size (which it shouldn't).

I am going to mark this down as something we need to modify so that font size changes work more smoothly.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but for the time being you will have to make the modification suggested previously. You just need to make it once, and it will take effect for all of your current and future blog postings.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: