BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is Technorati-pinging automatic? RSSing? How to know?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eppyharmon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Is Technorati-pinging automatic? RSSing? How to know? Reply with quote

I've posted quite a few articles and web pages on my new blog (www.epharmony.com) but would like to be sure that each time I've posted, all possible promotion methods have automatically gone into effect? Is Technorati pinged automatically with each new post ed article/web page, or is there something I need to do each time? Or once and for all? Also, are my articles being fed to RSS feeds by topic each time I post? Is there something I should be doing each time or once and for all about this? Notifying someone? Clicking on the RSS buttons on my website? Duh. Sorry to be such a beginner. I'd just like to be sure I'm taking advantage of all the promotional tools Blogharbor offers. Also, are there other automatic ways to promote my content (which is mostly opinion/commentary/punditry on breaking news)? I appreciated your pointing to the promotion suggestions on the How To Save The World website.com and will try them soon. Any others you can point me to? I'm getting hits but I have no clue where or who they're coming from. Also, please feel free to mention www.epharmony.com on your homepage, if you'd like to. Thank you as always for your courteous and prompt responses.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Is Technorati-pinging automatic? RSSing? How to know? Reply with quote

When you enable the Publicity feature by checking the Publicize new posts checkbox in your control panel (Settings & Security > Publishing Defaults > Advanced), we will automatically notify the following services whenever your blog is updated:

Your RSS feed is created and automatically updated as well, whenever your blog is updated. This article:

http://demo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2004/1/4/11878.html

should give you some more information on what RSS is and how we support it here at BlogHarbor.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: