BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Home page does not get updated when editing posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sricha27

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Home page does not get updated when editing posts Reply with quote

When I edit an existing post my home pages content does not show the updates. if I look at the post itself it shows the updates. Is there anyway to force the home page to be updated. In most cases I am only showing excerts on the home page, and the full content in the post.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Home page does not get updated when editing posts Reply with quote

Remember that if an excerpt exists, it is displayed in place of the main body when shown in category view, such as on your Main Page.

So if you only update the body of a post, and not the excerpt, then there's nothing to be updated when your category page is displayed.

If you want the the excerpt to be updated, then you would have to update it...
sricha27

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: That explains it .... Reply with quote

and it's so obvious now that you point it out, thanks very much it's been driving me crazy!
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: