BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Own Domain Part 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtubbs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Own Domain Part 2 Reply with quote

After upgrading to a pay blog, I would like to continue to use my current domain name. I have a question about the following:

There are 2 methods you can use in order to create the proper DNS records:

1. Add a CNAME record to your DNS as hosted by your current domain name registration provider. Create a CNAME for the hostname you prefer and point it to users.blogware.com.

How on earth do I do this?

Can I still continue to host html web pages on this new site? For instance, can I have a traditional web site along with a blog?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Own Domain Part 2 Reply with quote

How on earth do I do [add a CNAME record]?

That depends on where you registered your domain name, as you will be adding this record via their service and not ours... You may need to contact your domain registrar or look through their support pages for specific instructions on adding a CNAME record.

Can I still continue to host html web pages on this new site? For instance, can I have a traditional web site along with a blog?

You can upload standard HTML pages to your weblog, see this page for information:

http://demo.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2004/12/24/214199.html

Here's a tip: some folks might want to add their own "splash" page, a page that loads as the home page instead of the blog's Main Page. Just create your own file named index.html and upload it to the top level of your blog via the File Manager. Now that page will load as the default home page of your main URL instead of your blog page.
jtubbs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it all a shot.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: