BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
how do I copy and paste content onto the editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonedreamer21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: how do I copy and paste content onto the editor Reply with quote

I want to take artcles that I've posted on Typepad and elsewhere and copy and paste that content onto the blogharbor content editor. But it doesn't allow for pasting. Am I missing something here? Or must have manually type out the content again.
artatcomo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,too,cannot copy/paste with my firefox 1.0 browser. I went back to my IE browser and it copy/pastes from my notepad and old typepad screen copies. Is there an add on for firefox (Java or ?) that will make firefox copy/paste?
http://www.artifactor.org/
p.s. I can copy/paste here fine with firefox/Windows XP.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: how do I copy and paste content onto the editor Reply with quote

lonedreamer21 wrote:
I want to take artcles that I've posted on Typepad and elsewhere and copy and paste that content onto the blogharbor content editor. But it doesn't allow for pasting. Am I missing something here? Or must have manually type out the content again.

I can not duplicate this... I am using Firefox and can paste into the editor just fine...

Where are you copying from? And what browser are you using?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. I can copy/paste here fine with firefox/Windows XP.

OK, which is it? You can or can not copy/paste with firefox/Windows XP?

And where are you copying from?
artatcomo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Here" means this forum posting tool. Cannot means the blogware posting tool. I tried copy/pasting from notepad and also from screen captures of webpages which were renderred with firefox 1.0.
Quote:
Technical troubles slam Google's blogging site. The problem is, Blogger is a lot like a public utility, and when it goes down, so does discourse on much of the blogosphere. Commentary by Adam L. Penenberg.

Just to make sure I just now copy/pasted from a news aggregator I had open(it worked) To be certaind I will try the same thing to my blog via blogharbor next. Click to see.http://www.artifactor.org/blog/_archives/2005/4/7/562193.html I will spend some time analyzing if I have altered the options in the original firefox 1.0 default settings
http://www.artifactor.org/
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can verify this bug with Mozilla-based browser including Firefox under Windows (but not Mac curiously); we made a change to the editor today to fix a longstanding problem with IE, and have accidentally introduced a new issue.

Alarms are sounding all over the place and we'll do our best to take care of this as soon as possible.
des

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the chorus, I downloaded and installed Firefox today. Great - faster than IE and a comfort factor in its not being so vulnerable to nasties.

Then I tried to post to my blog, using Firefox. No luck.

Looking fwd to the fix.

Des
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
lonedreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
I am using Firefox as my browser and can't paste regardless of where I am pasting from. I tried using IE and it works. There must be some sort of bug in firefox that doesn't allow for pasting.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Firefox as my browser and can't paste regardless of where I am pasting from. I tried using IE and it works. There must be some sort of bug in firefox that doesn't allow for pasting.

No, the bug is ours, not Firefox. We accidentally introduced a problem with our Rich Text Editor yesterday which causes problems with Firefox. We're working to get this taken care of as soon as possible.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue should now be resolved and posting with Firefox should work properly again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
lonedreamer21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
If you fixed the bug, then I'm not seeing it because I'm using Firefox right now and I still can't paste onto the editor. I'm trying to copy text from notepad or another website, but I'm not given the option to paste onto the content editor. Am I missing something here?

dean
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you fixed the bug, then I'm not seeing it because I'm using Firefox right now and I still can't paste onto the editor. I'm trying to copy text from notepad or another website, but I'm not given the option to paste onto the content editor. Am I missing something here?

The bug was most definitely fixed. I've verified this on multiple machines and on Mac and Windows...

Have you tried clearing your cache in Firefox? Here's how to do so in Windows:
  • Click on the Tools menu, then click on Options
  • Click on the Privacy icon.
  • Click on the Clear button in the Cache row.
  • Click OK.
Now quit and restart your browser. That should make sure you are seeing the latest version of all the files.

If that doesn't work, then the problem you are experiencing is not related to this issue. In that case, please create a new topic and let us know exactly what browser and OS you are using, and explain exactly what process you are following which causes a problem, and we'll see if we can duplicate it.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: