BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
changes impacting blogjet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roaring tiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: changes impacting blogjet? Reply with quote

Hi John,

I'm continuing to have problems uploading articles I composed in BlogJet up to the BlogHarbor server. I've tried from home (Comcast high-speed) and from the office (T1 line).

Has BlogHarbor made some change that might impact BlogJet's ability to connect to the BlogHarbor server? From the BlogJet end of things, it looks like the posting errors out (internal server error). Then when I open up BlogHarbor Admin, the articles are there.

Thanks,
RT
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: changes impacting blogjet? Reply with quote

No, we have not made any changes which would impact BlogJet's ability to connect... If it happens again, please contact us and let us know which post you see this occur on so we can have some additional information.
roaring tiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Here were some problem posts Reply with quote

From today:

Coming from BlogJet:
More on achieving greatness -- and the waste when you don't even try

I couldn't get seem to get it uploaded so I posted it from BlogHarbor Admin. The post from there had a slightly different name of

More on achieving greatness -- and the waste of not trying

I had problems with my other blog today too.

I'm still experiencing what seem to be slow postings within BlogHarbor admin too (at work and at home).

RT
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Here were some problem posts Reply with quote

We can't duplicate any problems with the admin control panel, and none of the performance monitors have detected any slowdowns all day...

And as far as the Blogjet problems go, we're trying to duplicate troubles with that, but so far can not see anything with that either.

We'll keep our eyes open, but we just can't see anything at this time.
Roaring Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Here's another post problem example... Reply with quote

It's 6:57 pm EST and I'm at home (on Comcast high-speed connection). I just tried to post an article called "German left -- no comment on Russia's treatment of Chechnya" from BlogJet to BlogHarbor and got the error message:

Error posting to blog:
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

I just checked and the article is listed in my BlogHarbor Admin Post Manager.

RT
gmohr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: BlogJet Problems Reply with quote

I am encountering the exact same problems with BlogJet and Blogware but I don't use BlogHarbor so it is not a BlogHarbor issue.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: BlogJet Problems Reply with quote

We're looking into this, we now know that there are some times when the XML-RPC interface which allows posting via Blogjet etc. returns some errors and are investigating what the cause might be.
sricha27

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: me too Reply with quote

I am seeing the same issues with blogjet, Internal server errors returned, but the post seem to work, at least some of the time
gmohr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Posting from BlogJet Reply with quote

I am also experiencing intermittent problems - error returned but article posted - when posting from BlogJet. It started after the maintenance done last weekend.

I also experience a fequent problem that file attachments made in BlogJet don't actually get uploaded to Blogware.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting from BlogJet Reply with quote

We're working this very minute to rectify these errors. The database optimizations which we'd expected to remedy the problem are taking longer than expected, but should be completed overnight. We're looking to see the problems you describe eliminated almost entirely as a result of this work.

Very sorry for the inconvenience, I love Blogjet and am hoping to get this resolved for you soon!
des

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
>I love Blogjet and am hoping to get this resolved for you soon!

That's good. I've had Blogjet on trial but did not sign up, because I could not be confident that what I wrote was going to get posted.

I'd be happy to use it if the posting process could be seamless.

Des
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been posting with Blogjet and ecto, another blogging client, for well over a year quite reliably.

This past week and a half we've had some issues which caused posting problems for the web interface as well as blogging clients, but they are symptoms of a problem which does not have its origin in the use of blogging clients. I.e., the cause was something else, the posting issues were an effect.

I'm posting this morning with ecto with no problems, but we have two maintenance windows this evening and Saturday morning:

http://demo.blogharbor.com/blog/News/_archives/2005/6/8/919514.html

which when completed are expected to solve any of the remaining issues with posting timeouts.
des

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that really irked me when I was trialling Blogjet was that if I pasted text from the main editing window in as an excerpt and it had ' ' or " " marks, they came out with coding, not the symbols I'd used. So I had to upload the post as a draft, then edit the excerpt in BlogHarbor, then publish. A pain.
Pity, because I could see that it would be great to have a reliable offline editor.

Anyone know whether Qumana is likely to be more effective? www.qumana.com

Des
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that really irked me when I was trialling Blogjet was that if I pasted text from the main editing window in as an excerpt and it had ' ' or " " marks, they came out with coding, not the symbols I'd used. So I had to upload the post as a draft, then edit the excerpt in BlogHarbor, then publish. A pain.

Not sure if this necessarily something that is Blogjet's fault... There are at least a few issues here:
  • The character set you are using to create the content before you paste it into Blogjet
  • The character set your blog is set to output content in.
I think by default, Blogjet wants to use the character set called "UTF-8". So you would need to follow these instructions for making sure that this code:

Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

is part of the HEAD content of your blog. That might make it work for you. Also, you might have trouble copying and pasting from Word into Blogjet, as Word wants to use one character set and Blogjet another...

Extended characters make things complicated as different operating systems and applications want to handle them differently. It's something we're aware of and making your blog better at handling extended character sets and international characters is something we are working on.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: