BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
copy and pasting cont'd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonedreamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: copy and pasting cont'd Reply with quote

John said;
Quote:
If that doesn't work, then the problem you are experiencing is not related to this issue. In that case, please create a new topic and let us know exactly what browser and OS you are using, and explain exactly what process you are following which causes a problem, and we'll see if we can duplicate it.

Well, I did what you asked. I tried clearing my cache but it still doesn't work. I am using Firefox version 1.0.3. on a Windows XP Operating System. And I simply took any type of text from any website and tried to copy and paste it into the Post Article content editor. I would right click my mouse to try and paste, but I didn't see the option of "pasting" show up.

Do you think that there is some sort of file that I'm missing from Firefox. I can't for the life of figure out what's wrong here.

I've read and heard good things about Blogharbor and it's future, but if I can't even do a simple thing like copy and paste from my Firefox browser onto blogharbor's content editor, then I may as well stick with Squarespace or something. Why do these things always happen to me?Sigh....

Dean
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: copy and pasting cont'd Reply with quote

...if I can't even do a simple thing like copy and paste from my Firefox browser onto blogharbor's content editor, then I may as well stick with Squarespace or something.

There's no need for despair, or to switch services... Wink Just use Control-V to paste, or use Edit->Paste from the menubar.

As I noted on this thread, and will shamelessly repurpose here: The fact is that you won't be able to right click to paste into the Rich Text Editor. Ever. That's not a flaw or a bug, just a fact of life when trying to force word processing functions into a web browser.

The Article Title and Article Summary fields are actual form fields which is why you can paste into them using the right-click function. The browser and operating system understand that those elements are for text entry.

The Article Body area is not a real field like a field in a web form; it is a dynamically generated web page, an IFRAME to be specific. Like all other web pages, your system will never offer you the Paste option when right-clicking into it. Web pages are for displaying output, not for entering text, so Windows does not offer you the right-click option in the Article Body area. This will be true with our Rich Text Editor, and true for almost any web service using a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML editor.

Use the "traditional" Control-V and I'm sure you will find that you can paste into the Rich Text Editor.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: