BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Requiring registration for articles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtw3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Requiring registration for articles? Reply with quote

Is there a way to require registration for certain articles? For example allowing an excerpt on the main page but requiring registration to view to full article. I don't want to make it a Secure topic per se, just not allow anonymous readers on certain articles.
If there's an option to only require registration to view Secure articles, I haven't seen it.
Thanks in advance.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Requiring registration for articles? Reply with quote

While it is possible to restrict access to categories, it is not possible to restrict access on a per article basis.
jtw3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: re: requiring registration Reply with quote

Can you make it so the only restriction for access to categories is that users are registered and not anonymous? Thanks.
jtw3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: re: requiring registration Reply with quote

jtw3 wrote:
Can you make it so the only restriction for access to categories is that users are registered and not anonymous? Thanks.

Sorry, what I meant was "Do bloggers have this option?" I didn't mean to make it sound like I was asking you for this. Just to clarify...
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: re: requiring registration Reply with quote

There is not actually any means by which a user can register with you blog. They may create a Reader Account from links on your blog, but that account is not tied to your blog in any way and the registration process does not provide you with their information.

The Reader Account signup creates an account through which that user is able to sign up for email notifications of when your content is updated, apply for access to restricted content on your blog, become an Admin of your blog should you grant the privilege, etc. The account can also be used on any blog in our network.

But that account does not mean the user has registered with your blog. So to make a long story short, it is not possible to make it so the only restriction for access to categories is that users are registered and not anonymous.

Last edited by john on Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
jtw3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: registration Reply with quote

That's what I meant, Reader Accounts. That answered my question. Thanks, as always. You've always been easy to get up with and helpful.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: