BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Slideroll is so much fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Third Party
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ojedapaco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Slideroll is so much fun! Reply with quote

I just discovered Slideroll, for creating free slide shows. The URL is http://www.slideroll.com. It's a free service that allows you to upload your own images and then create your own shows, with pans and zooms, Ken Burns style.

But the neat part of the service is that, regardless of whether you make your shows public or private, the system provides you with the necessary code to paste onto your own (in this case, BlogHarbor, of course!) blog so that the slide show will appear on your pages!

Check out what I've done with my site at http://www.vallartaundiscovered.com/blog/_archives/2005/4/17/591325.html where listeners of my Guide to Malecón Statues podcast are encouraged to check out the photo album I created, but are now "teased" with a slide show.

Cheers,

Paco Ojeda

The VU: Vallarta Undiscovered
Puerto Vallarta's First Podcast
www.vallartaundiscovered.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PCOSGurl

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just chiming in to encouage everyone to check out the above site. It's a VERY well done blog and podcast.

(...and no, I'm not a shill - the best I can hope for is a free drink from Paco, if I ever make it to Puerto Vallarta! ) Razz
ojedapaco

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCOSGurl wrote:
Just chiming in to encouage everyone to check out the above site. It's a VERY well done blog and podcast.

(...and no, I'm not a shill - the best I can hope for is a free drink from Paco, if I ever make it to Puerto Vallarta! ) Razz

You're on!

Hehehe...

Paco

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
johncpiercy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool APP
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
johncpiercy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt have the same experience , wit this APP
Seem to slow to respond ,

Didnt have fun , will try it again , when my patience level is up

JP
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PCOSGurl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ojedapaco wrote:

You're on!
Hehehe...

Hmmm, I was 'thinking' of taking my next vaca to Koh Samui, but now that I have a free drink waitin' in PV...might have to change those plans Wink
johncpiercy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the SlideShow to work Paco
Excellent find

Great Blog BTW

Id love to be able to figure that MP3 player out

Im up for a challenge

JP
www.johnpiercy.ca
ojedapaco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johncpiercy wrote:
I got the SlideShow to work Paco
Excellent find

Great Blog BTW

Id love to be able to figure that MP3 player out

Im up for a challenge

JP
www.johnpiercy.ca

Wow, I thought I had eliminated the MP3 player... It worked flawlessly, but unfortunately, when I started compressing my podcasts a tad more severly to save bandwidth, I began experiencing strange (munchkin sounding) problems with playback at double speed. The developer said at the time that this was a flash-related bug, so I gave up on it.

Good luck with it, tho...!!

Thanks for your remarks,

Paco

Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Third Party All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: