BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Source of slow upload?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigersi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Source of slow upload? Reply with quote

Hi John,

When I click on my blog's url, the upload time is really sloooooooooooooow. I think it's probably because I added a bunch of Linkshare image ads to my blog and the connection to them is the problem. Just checking, though, to see if BlogHarbor is having any technical issues.

Roaring Tiger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Source of slow upload? Reply with quote

As I am sure you already know, we're more than willing to 'fess up when the problem is ours. But tonight, there does not appear to be any issue with our system. All of the objective monitors and my subjective eyes show the system is running quite smoothly.

I looked at your page and the problem was quite clearly with the third party ads you were showing....

When you have 3rd party ads, images, javascript, etc., your browser will wait a certain amount of time for that content to load before it will finally give up, move on, and display what it's got.

What you're looking at is your browser waiting for your ads to arrive before it can load the rest of the HTML. Since it needs to wait for all the HTML before it knows what to display, your page seems to be stalling... The problem lies with the 3rd party ads.
tigersi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: I thought the reason was my ads Reply with quote

I thought the reason was my ads but was just hoping it was something else. Rolling Eyes

Do you know from other blogger's experience if there's any difference in upload time for text versus image ads?

By the by, thanks for such a speedy post.

RT
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought the reason was my ads Reply with quote

Do you know from other blogger's experience if there's any difference in upload time for text versus image ads?

There are too many variables to make general statements. Large images loaded from fast servers on fast networks will probably load faster than small text from slow servers on slow networks...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: