BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Question about restricted sections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ojedapaco

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Question about restricted sections Reply with quote

Hola John!

A quick question about restricted sections.

In my blog there is the "Secure" restricted section. I've been using this to post test articles and things like that, and it's been for my eyes only.

I've just created a new "Sponsor News" restricted section where I hope to post articles and content exclusive to those who sponsor my site.

To access this section, I've created a group called sponsors and have assigned it to Sponsor News, but NOT assigned it to Secure (i.e. I want my sponsors to see "their" section but not my secure/test area).

However...

When I log in to one of the test names I've created to access the Sponsor Section, I end up also being able to access the "secure/test" section. Did I get it right? I thought the expected outcome would be that I would only be able to access the "Sponsor Section."

Any clarification would be appreciated! It's clear to me that this feature should be of great interest to anyone looking to profit from their blog by providing exclusive content. Plus I love being able to use an expiration date when creating reader accounts to access these sections! This allows me to give prospective sponsors a glimpse (for a week, for example) of what's available for them...

Thanks in advance,

Paco

The VU: Vallarta Undiscovered
Puerto Vallarta's First Podcast
www.vallartaundiscovered.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about restricted sections Reply with quote

The Secure category is an example of a restricted category. It is created on your blog by default. It is no different from any other restricted category you might create. You can delete it if you wish.

To access this section, I've created a group called sponsors and have assigned it to Sponsor News, but NOT assigned it to Secure (i.e. I want my sponsors to see "their" section but not my secure/test area).

When I try to visit your Secure category I see the message "Invalid category or insufficient privileges: Secure". I most definitely can not access it, and I can not see how anyone, except you when you are logged in as yourself of course, could access that category, since you have not assigned any users or groups to it.

If you can access that page, I suspect that you are not logged in as who you think you are logged in as... Hit the Logout button, and login again.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about restricted sections Reply with quote

I am sure you have seen these, but just in case you haven't:
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: