BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Backing up your site and album

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morfiuss

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Backing up your site and album Reply with quote

Hi there is there any options where i can backup my entire site and my album and such. I used to have a website with flexhosting and i would just download my whole site and albums through FTP. Rolling Eyes
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Backing up your site and album Reply with quote

It isn't possible to export your Photo Albums, but it's possible to create an XML-formatted export file of your articles.

To create the XML-formatted export file of your articles, first Login to the control panel and click Settings from the top tab, you'll see a link to Import/Export which you should click on. Then at the bottom of that page you will see a button labeled Generate Export.

Click the Generate Export button, then wait about a minute and reload the page by clicking on the Settings tab again, and you will be able to download an XML-formatted archive which you may be able to use to import articles back into the service in the future.
tigersi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: more thoughts Reply with quote

Does BlogHarbor have any plans to provide users with the ability to create site back ups? I'm thinking of mirror sites, not just HTML copies of articles. The latter is okay but it lacks organization, as I recall from when you helped me with this for another blog.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking at my blog content -- at more than 400 articles in about 5 months and am getting increasingly concerned about preserving my intellectual property.

This is another one of those services I'd be willing to pay extra for.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: more thoughts Reply with quote

We do offer the ability to export the articles of your blog into an XML file.

XML is a data interchange format, so while it is not likely that you will be able to find an application which will just open up the export file, it may be possible to convert the XML file into an import file for another blog service, for example. That is why we chose this open and easily parseable format, so that other services could create converters relatively easily...

If that doesn't work for you, you could try using an offline web page downloader (I don't happen to recall any examples) to suck down your web pages locally for your personal reference.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: