BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
errors posting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: errors posting Reply with quote

i am still having errors when posting, generic messages like this page cannot be displayed after a long wait for the post, so it feels like a timeout.

i am getting similar symptoms when searching my blog.

i am getting similar symptoms when deleting a photo category.
cd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tried all kinds of machinations to get stuff to post and i can't post anything at this point!!! can't even tell you how much this wastes my time, it has been happening intermittently for weeks, maybe months, but hit a crescendo now that i can't post anything. you guys got to fix this!!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cd - We first began seeing these errors on Friday May 27, so that is about 10 days. I guess you could call it weeks but months would be an exaggeration.

As has been posted here previously and communicated to you directly, we have been working to solve the problem, the first step was completed early Saturday morning and that drastically reduced these timeout problems. Additional measures to eradicate the problem are being prepared.

If you are still seeing problems, I would like to suggest that you make a note of the day and time and what you were doing, and let us know via the contact form. You're more than welcome to make any statement you like here, even when you are dissatisfied, but we'll have a lot more success tracking down any problems you might still be having if you provide us with feedback when a problem happens.
cd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have stated many times, in these forums, that i am a big supporter of blogharbor. this is the first time that i have expressed my complete frustration with timeouts. i have not complained before because it was intermittent and it seemed that if i screwed around enough i could get posting to work. but having to screw around throws me off track and causes a significant loss in productivity. this has been happening, intermittently, for months. this morning, when i posted this, i was unable to post anything and had to stop working. that is why you heard about it. it also caused me to reflect on what has been happening, intermittently, for months.

blogharbor is great, and your support in particular is outstanding.

you have to hear it from me if i am in a "down hard" situation.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cd - Thanks for your support. We know for a fact when this particular issue cropped up, so we can only guess what the problems were that you were experiencing prior to that. In the future, be sure to let us know if you are seeing any problems, however minor.

Thanks again, we are working very hard to bring you a superior service and to clear up these issues. Thanks for your patience, and your trust that these problems will be resolved.
HarryM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Errors Posting Reply with quote

John,

What details would help you in the event of difficulties posting?

And along the lines of what cd said in praise of BlogHarbor, my quality of life and that of those around me has improved significantly since I *moved* here. It's a blood pressure thing Wink
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Errors Posting Reply with quote

What details would help you in the event of difficulties posting?

Right now, we're well aware of the posting problems and the cause of those problems so there's no need to send us any dignostics on these particular issues.

But in general, when you have a problem with our service or with any web service, you should clearly explain what you were doing and what the result of those actions were. Please also include the day and time (and time zone!) when the issue occurred, and also let us know what browser and operating system you're using.

Glad to hear we've helped out with the blood pressure problem... We'll try to keep BlogHarbor a healthy part of your diet.
cd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still getting http 500 errors, and replies of any kind are painfully slow, when posting or just trying to access the dashboard. this was to be fixed with hardware upgrades last night. what is the status?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was to be fixed with hardware upgrades last night

Actually, last night's maintenance window was for the installation of hardware which will alleviate these problems. We will spend the day today testing the hardware, which will be actually deployed in a much longer maintenance window we have scheduled for tomorrow morning from 9 AM EDT to 12 PM EDT.

We do expect that the new hardware and a new configuration for our database system will result in not only an elimination of the errors you have been experiencing but a faster system than we've had to date. Thank you for your patience and again, our apologies for the posting problems you have been experiencing.
cd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: NOW we are talking! Reply with quote

i am now back to posting without interruptions to my workflow.

Thanks John.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: