BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Includes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigersi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Includes Reply with quote

Hi John,

I've been using the Includes process you suggested to me (several weeks or so ago). The process is working nifty in general. What I'm finding though, is that I'm starting to prefer to pick and choose which article to include the Includes in. For example, if I have a short article, I don't always want to include an ad in it because then my ads all visually clump together.

However, I really like the zippy ease of using an Include to direct to a file.

So, with that background, here's my question. I want to make a decision on where to do an Include on a per-article basis. Sometimes it might be at the article's end and sometimes in the middle for a long article.

I tried to simply copy and insert the command into the source but, when I did, it came out as text.

1) Is there a trick to making it happen in the article content and not in the template?

2) Or in another way, is there a trick so that you can change the template so that if there is at least XX lines of article content, then insert an Include and if it's less than XX don't?

Thanks for any insights!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Includes Reply with quote

1) Is there a trick to making it happen in the article content and not in the template?

It is not possible to use the includes within your articles themselves.

2) Or in another way, is there a trick so that you can change the template so that if there is at least XX lines of article content, then insert an Include and if it's less than XX don't?

What you're looking for is not available, unfortunately.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: