BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help with My Yahoo Rss Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pantarus3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Help with My Yahoo Rss Feed Reply with quote

I have install the My Yahoo RSS feed as seen in article. Uploaded the xml image and followed all the direction, but it shows no pic of the xml button and then when I hit the My Yahoo button it tells me service not available. Can you clue me in on what I am doing wrong? Thanks for all your help.

PS
I have been real good not to be an obessive Twisted Evil frantic annoying poster lately Laughing been searching the forums arent you proud Laughing
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with My Yahoo Rss Feed Reply with quote

Can you clue me in on what I am doing wrong?

I don't think you were doing anything wrong, I think there was a problem on Yahoo's end. Everything looks fine now...

been searching the forums arent you proud

Like a proud grandpaw. Wink
pantarus3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: I still seem to have a problem with the My Yahoo feed xml bu Reply with quote

I still cant see the orange xml button when I got to my blog and now I cant see the main rss feed xml button that is above the My Yahoo feed box. I at first got excited when I thought I actually followed directions correctly Laughing but then when I went to check my blog I was dissappointed Crying or Very sad .
Do I need to remove the dynamic rss feed componet and just use the My Yahoo box?
Do I need both componets or does the My Yahoo box cover it?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: I still seem to have a problem with the My Yahoo feed xm Reply with quote

I still cant see the orange xml button

I think you must have removed the icon from your File Manager then. I put it back for you. Now you should be able to see it.

Do I need to remove the dynamic rss feed componet and just use the My Yahoo box?

No, these are 2 different things. If you want to show your readers the location of your RSS feeds, you should keep the RSS component in there.

Do I need both componets or does the My Yahoo box cover it?

The RSS component shows your readers the location of your RSS file(s). The My Yahoo link shows your Readers an easy way for them to subscribe to that RSS file if they are users of the My Yahoo service. If they are not users of the My Yahoo service, they still might want to know the location of your RSS file(s) and that's what the orange button is for.
pantarus3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Oopps I did remove it Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing that for me I did remove the one copy of the xml gif from my main file manager Embarassed thinking it was not needed since I had loaded it into the a sudcatagory titled images per instructions for adding the My Yahoo feed
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: