BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Randomize Amazon ads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigersi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Randomize Amazon ads Reply with quote

Has anyone ever successfully randomized Amazon Recommended Product ads? I've searched the web like mad and can't find any scripts that will work. I'm guessing maybe it can't be done but maybe who knows.

Here's what I want to do. Via File Manager, create a directory of Amazon Recommended Product ads for different product categories. Then every time someone clicks on a new blog page (or refreshes), I want a different Recommended Product ad to populate the page.

For an example, go to any page in my blog and look at the Amazon ad in the upper left column. In my case, I used Dreamweaver to create a table, copied the Amazon script code into it, and saved the result as an HTML page. Then I uploaded the page into File Manager and used an "include" statement in the component to load the ad into the blog. (Right now, when I want to change out the ad, no more than once a day, I change the file name in the include statement).

Now, I want to create a bunch of different Amazon ads for different product categories and use some kind of scripting to randomize the ads.

Any body having success with this?
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: