BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Adding a List of Categories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggerfish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Adding a List of Categories Reply with quote

I'm trying to find a way to add several (50+) Categories to my blog quicker and easier that clicking/typing/clicking/sorting, etc. Can I upload a list in TXT format, or anything other method?

And for the record, I've been fooling with trying to get MT to work just so for about a year. I stumbled onto BlogHarbor, and in less than 3 days had my blog looking just so, and now I'm adding content. Very nice work on the system - it blows everything else totally away.

This is way to easy, there must be a catch. Laughing

r
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Adding a List of Categories Reply with quote

I'm trying to find a way to add several (50+) Categories to my blog quicker and easier that clicking/typing/clicking/sorting, etc. Can I upload a list in TXT format, or anything other method?

There's no means to import categories, but you can import content from a Movable Type/Typepad blog for example, and have the content imported and the categories created during the import process... Don't know if you have any MT export files hanging around but if you do you might be able to import some content simply to have the categories created, then delete the content afterwards.

Learn more about importing from MT/Typepad.

And for the record, I've been fooling with trying to get MT to work just so for about a year. I stumbled onto BlogHarbor, and in less than 3 days had my blog looking just so, and now I'm adding content. Very nice work on the system - it blows everything else totally away.

That's very nice to hear. We may need to quote you on that. Wink
biggerfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Adding a List of Categories Reply with quote

john wrote:

There's no means to import categories, but you can import content from a Movable Type/Typepad blog for example, and have the content imported and the categories created during the import process... Don't know if you have any MT export files hanging around but if you do you might be able to import some content simply to have the categories created, then delete the content afterwards.

I wish. I never got that far with MT.

john wrote:

That's very nice to hear. We may need to quote you on that. Wink

Quote me all you want! Cool
fmkatz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: "Importing" nested categories Reply with quote

Categories import so nicely from the typepad export file, that I was hoping to use that format to define additional categories. Is there any way to indicate nested categories. I tried,eg,
History/European
but that just resulted in a top level category with an odd name.

Related question: is there a way to import a BlogHarbor export file?

Thanks,
Fred Katz
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: "Importing" nested categories Reply with quote

Categories import so nicely from the typepad export file, that I was hoping to use that format to define additional categories. Is there any way to indicate nested categories. I tried,eg, History/European but that just resulted in a top level category with an odd name.

I don't think our importer expects nested categories from a Typepad export file, so it does not handle them.

is there a way to import a BlogHarbor export file?

There is not.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: