BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
more space

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigersi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: more space Reply with quote

Hi John,

I'd like to widen the white space between the end of one of my posts and the keyword section on the main page and inside articles. I do it manually now with page breaks in articles but forget sometimes. And the manual doesn't impact the main page.

Can you direct me to where I make the change and the right command to use?

Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: more space Reply with quote

Since Keywords by default are not on shown on the Main Page, I would guess you copied the code from the article template and put it into the category template. That code probably looks like this:

Code:
{{if keywords}}
<div style="margin-top:8px;margin-bottom:25px;">
<strong>Keywords:</strong>
{{loop keywords}}
<a href="{{search_url}}" rel="tag">{{var name=keyword escape=html}}</a>{{unless __last__}}, {{/unless}}
{{/loop}}
</div>
{{/if}} <!-- keywords -->

The margin-top:8px attribute of the DIV tag in which the keyword loop is contained is the element to modify. Increase the number to increase the margin between the keyword area and the area above it.
tigersi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks, John.

That worked. I also found how to do it on the main page using your post as the jumping off point. I modified this code in the Category template and changed the part following {{if keywords}}...

Code:
<div class="articleBody">
{{if excerpt}}
{{excerpt}}&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="articleMore"><a href="{{view_url}}" align="right" border="0" width="13" height="13">Read more</a>&nbsp;<strong>&raquo;</strong></span>
{{else}}
{{body}}
{{/if}}
{{if keywords}}
<div style="margin-top:25px;margin-bottom:25px;">
<strong>Keywords:</strong>
{{loop keywords}}
<a href="{{search_url}}" rel="tag">{{var name=keyword escape=html}}</a>{{unless __last__}}, {{/unless}}
{{/loop}}
</div>
{{/if}} <!-- keywords -->
</div> <!-- articleBody -->

Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: