BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Allowing readers to click on e-mail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcccoach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Allowing readers to click on e-mail Reply with quote

In Typepad, there is an option to link an e-mail address so people can click on the address and the e-mail program pops up, to permit an e-mail.

Does Blogharbor do this and if so where could I find it?

I apologize for this simple question and the comparison to Typepad, but it is the only way I could explain it. I checked countles other postings for the question ad found none.

Thanks,

Bill
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Allowing readers to click on e-mail Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, that's one thing we seem to have left our of our editor... You'll have to do that the old fashioned way: creating HTML. Wink

First, you'll need to switch the editor from Preview mode to HTML editing mode. Click the Toggle Mode button, the button on the bottom right of the editor to the left of the Smilies button.

Now find the text you want to make a link. Let's say this was your text you want to link to an email address:

Code:
Click here to send me an email!

You're going to add some code before and after that, like this:

Code:
<a href="mailto:email@example.com">Click here to send me an email!</a>

And that's the code to add a link to an email address... Click the Toggle Mode button again and you're back to Display mode. Sorry it's not easier. We'll have to add that to the list.
biggerfish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Allowing readers to click on e-mail Reply with quote

tcccoach wrote:
...link an e-mail address so people can click on the address and the e-mail program pops up, to permit an e-mail...

tccccoach, welcome to BlogHarbor forums!

If you hard code this as instructed, the spam crawlers will surely snag your email address, and it will soon become overcome by spam.

Check out this post: http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?p=770#770

In addition to phoenetically spelling out your email address, you could use a javascript, embedded in a custom component to accomplish this. You could then put that component in one of your sidebars and it would appear on each page.

If you need more help, please don't hesitate to ask.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: