BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Some Customization Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johncpiercy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Some Customization Questions Reply with quote

Im looking at the http://cbcunplugged.blogware.com/blog
and wanted to incorporate some similar styles on my blog ,

www.johnpiercy.ca

Here is a screenshot to show , what I mean

1/ The date of each post seems to be quite larger , Sept 16 2005
where can I edit this on this my blog ?

2/ Notice there is a direct link to the MP3
On my Blog , I must click the paper click attachment,( paper clip ) this takes me to a second page , then I arrive at a second page , with a direct link
Anyway to eliminate this double click ( extra step )

3/ There seems to be a image file beside the word Studio Zero in that Screenshot ,, it appears before every post , could a similar image be added to my blog

thanks John
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Customization Questions Reply with quote

Your should take a listen to this BlogHarbor Cruise podcast (I need to get back and do another one of these!) which has a lot of information on customizing your blog. Even if you don't listen, there are a lot of great links to work through on that article.

The date of each post seems to be quite larger , Sept 16 2005 where can I edit this on this my blog ?

It looks like you've already made at least one venture into modifying your style template, so this should not be too hard. Take a look at this previous thread on modifying the posting date style.

Here is the exact CSS they are using on the page you refer to:

Code:
.postDate {
    font-family: arial,helvetica,helv,swiss,geneva,sans-serif;
    text-weight: none;
    font-size: 24px;
    margin: 0px 0 24px 0;
    background-color: transparent;
    text-align: left;
    text-transform: lowercase;
    color: #21217b;
    white-space: nowrap;
    padding-top: 6px;
    padding-bottom: 3px;
    border-top: 4px solid #21217B;
    border-bottom: 1px dotted #21217b;
}

You can riff on that to get the effect you like best.

As for changing the style of the link to the MP3 file, if you look at the target URL of the link, you might notice that it is not a link to an MP3 file hosted on that site... They are not using the attachment feature to add those links, they are just inserting a graphic and entering a link via HTML.
johncpiercy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im listening Now
thanks again John

Great support and information

JP
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: