BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
archived months

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigersi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: archived months Reply with quote

Hi John,

How do I show at least 12 months of archives in the Monthly Archive component?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: archived months Reply with quote

The Month Archive component can only display the 5 most recent months in which you had posts. For additional links to archives, you can add the Year archive component or create a custom component containing additional links.
tigersi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: confusing... Reply with quote

Hmmmm. The problem I have with having monthly archives limited to only 5 is its not clear to visitors its a list limitation. For folks not familiar with a blog's history, it can look like the month's listed are the only available months. For example, look at my blog. The only year so far is 2005 and right now, my monthly archive only goes back to May. Even I got confused when I went looking for my March archive.

That's why I'd like to have a running total of 12 months available in any given monthly archive. Even better would be to have it run solely from Jan - Dec in any given year.

I tried to do a 12-count customized component but wasn't sure which code I alter. I don't see any numbers in the component. Can you clarify?

Thanks.[/i]
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: confusing... Reply with quote

That's why I'd like to have a running total of 12 months available in any given monthly archive. Even better would be to have it run solely from Jan - Dec in any given year.

Your suggestion is noted.

I tried to do a 12-count customized component but wasn't sure which code I alter. I don't see any numbers in the component. Can you clarify?

We actually meant that you would need to create a custom component from scratch containing additional links. Sample code follows:

Code:
<div class="component">
<div class="componentHead">Month Archive</div>
<div class="componentContent">
<div class="componentArchive">

<a href="/blog/_archives/2005/9">September 2005</a><br>
<a href="/blog/_archives/2005/8">August 2005</a><br>
<a href="/blog/_archives/2005/7">July 2005</a><br>
<a href="/blog/_archives/2005/6">June 2005</a><br>
<a href="/blog/_archives/2005/5">May 2005</a><br>
<a href="/blog/_archives/2005/4">April 2005</a><br>
<a href="/blog/_archives/2005/3">March 2005</a><br>
<a href="/blog/_archives/2005/2">February 2005</a><br>
<a href="/blog/_archives/2005/1">January 2005</a><br>

</div> <!-- componetArchive -->
</div> <!-- componentContent -->
</div> <!-- component -->

and so on. We have no suggestion as to how to dynamically update this type of component.
tigersi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll just have months to come in the list. Think that's better than missing months.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: