BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
html - code question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyrunner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: html - code question Reply with quote

i read through the tutorial notes - and then put an add on my site in the right hand colomn ( code supplied by cafepress ) with a blogharbor type title above it - ( code supplied by blogharbour ) so far i had no problem

now id like to put a simple text sentance between the title and the add itself - and there im stuck - i tried a few things like typing the sentance in after the title - and before the code for the cafepress add - and adding to the front of the sentance and at the end of it - i also tried and at the beginning and end of the sentance - and i tried a few other things without success - can any one help me out with the the code i need - i imagine its something really easy when you know how

ive just noticed the code, which isnt appearing, has given me bold text and blue text in this post - interesting ! ill go and observe and learn from that as well

all im wanting is a simple sentance in front of the add - to say something about the add itself - the add is an animated gif, from cafepress

i also just tried typing the sentance in the post manager and then looking at and copying that code - that didnt work either

thanks
www.skymondo.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: html - code question Reply with quote

In this article where we discussed creating a custom component, we added this code:

Code:
<div class="component">
   <div class="componentHead">Put a title here</div>
   <div class="componentContent">
   And put your content here.
   </div>
</div>

Looks like you followed that just fine in adding your image. To add another line of text, you might try adding another div as follows:

Code:
<div class="component">
   Put your intro line here.
   </div>

</div>
</div>

That should separate things the way you are looking for and keep them all in the same style.
skyrunner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks heaps for that John - the instruction componentContent helped alot, but there were still other probs - after fiddling around alot, below is what i ended up with, which seperated it nicely - and i had to use a few breaks of course

the only prob now is the default lettering is blue, and i want to stay consistent with grey down the rest of the right hand colomn ? i tried a few things - rgb instructions etc, but havnt got it right yet - sugestions ? thanks

<div class="component">
Put your intro line here.
</div>

<div class="componentContent">the " one off " or multiple
printing - is ideal for creating
gifts for family and friends </div>
<a

http://www.skymondo.com
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've chosen one of the trickier templates, since it has different colors for the left and right sidebars.

Try using componentArchive instead of componentContent where you want to use hyperlinks.

Code:
<div class="component">
   <div class="componentArchive">
   <a href="#">Put your intro link here.</a>
   </div>

</div>
</div>

That should probably do it for you.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: