BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BlogHarbor WYSIWYG Editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abacquer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: BlogHarbor WYSIWYG Editor Reply with quote

Is there a way to get the WYSIWYG editor to stop "helping" me by attempting to "fix" my HTML? I really don't think that switching from "source" to "display" and directly back again should result in different HTML, but it does. I can't enumerate all the times this has caused me grief because the result has changed the appearance of my article by altering or simply removing perfectly valid HTML.

Today it removed a bunch of named anchors in my article because there was nothing between the beginning and the end tag of the named anchor, which is silly because there is no reason for anything to be in there. So I had to put all the article's section headers inside of the named anchors, only to find that now my section headers appear blue like links, when they are not links.

Some months back I spent several hours under the mistaken belief that BlogHarbor articles couldn't contain <SCRIPT> tags because the WYSIWYG editor kept removing them. It turned out that <SCRIPT> tags were fine, unless the FIRST tag in the article was a <SCRIPT> tag, in which case it would be removed. URRGH.

Is there a way to get the WYSIWYG editor without having it try to be "smart"? An option or flag I can turn off without having to just shut off the editor altogether?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: BlogHarbor WYSIWYG Editor Reply with quote

Some months back I spent several hours under the mistaken belief that BlogHarbor articles couldn't contain <SCRIPT> tags because the WYSIWYG editor kept removing them. It turned out that <SCRIPT> tags were fine, unless the FIRST tag in the article was a <SCRIPT> tag, in which case it would be removed. URRGH.

Hmm... I just tried to duplicate this in my Firefox 1.5 browser, and I could not... No matter where I put a <SCRIPT> tag it was not removed.

Today it removed a bunch of named anchors in my article because there was nothing between the beginning and the end tag of the named anchor, which is silly because there is no reason for anything to be in there. So I had to put all the article's section headers inside of the named anchors, only to find that now my section headers appear blue like links, when they are not links

OK, I also just tried this in my Firefox 1.5 and could not duplicate it... I applied liberal helpings of
Code:
<a name="test"></a>
to a post and they were retained whether I saved it in a new post or edited an existing post...

Just pulled out my Windows laptop and checked both of these cases out in IE and see that IE does fail both these cases... I'll file this with the developers, but it could be possible that this is caused by a bug in IE, in which case a workaround might be difficult.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: